PA Modern Mopar Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 SRT8's??

+2
Orangepeel815
claude9039u
6 posters

Go down

2012 SRT8's?? Empty 2012 SRT8's??

Post by claude9039u Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:41 am

I just came from the Philly auto show today and while there were some srt8 there i was shocked and sad at the manner in which they were rep. They had the 300 and jeep on a platform so you could not see it up close or touch it? These if any of the srt8 are the ones IMO that you should be able to touch and sit in. Then the Super bee I had not seen one up close and while I love the dodge took it back to what the car really is a striped down race car. I was shocked that it was not a numbered car and that a super bee was treated like a journey.Meaning that anyone could finger it?

What is dodge thinking to me they are trying to make the jeep and 300 the special SRT8's and the price difference from the dodge to the jeep to the 300 was just laughable.

It so sad that dodge it making the srt8 out of the reach of the guys that made srt8's what they are us!

Big auto maker making another round of mistakes again! I love dodge and there is nothing I will buy, now I just will never buy new! Can't afford it! But if I was a person that did not care about staying with a brand there is no way I would by a challenger srt8 when I can buy a camero for the same price but with another 100 HP? Or a 300 srt8 when I could buy a CTSV?

What is dodge thinking!
claude9039u
claude9039u

Back to top Go down

2012 SRT8's?? Empty Re: 2012 SRT8's??

Post by Orangepeel815 Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:21 pm

I agree they r not thinking they r to busy putting old names on New cars to sell them can u say dart I love dodge but to buy a new dodge is ridiculous I am in the same vote I am a brand guy when it comes to my car but they way dodge going I never buy new again this is why Ford sells alot of cars because they make the cars affordable
Orangepeel815
Orangepeel815

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:20 am

I dunno I think I would get another Chally but Not a New one! I would grab a low miles SRT or 6spd in a rare color.

And Philly Car show is not held to same standard as NY or LA or even Detroit..Our's is a Joke...NY will have the Viper this year! We might get the Dart...LOL
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 am

That is crap they should the same in Philly. Although I will be looking for a maggy this spring.
Orangepeel815
Orangepeel815

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:40 pm

what is sad is that it looks that dodge is going the corvette route. corvettes back in the day were the best bang for your buck sports car. then in order to compete with all the german makes, they started to make different models and they started becoming high priced machines.

your average guy cant afford $50 to $100 thousandand dollar cars. and i agree, i will prbably never buy new again. my car is a 2006 and i paid it off. not looking for a car pymt, so no new dodge for me.

unfortunaltely, the best bang for the buck still is the ford mustang. especially now that the 5.0 is a true 5.0. they are lighter in weight and have a lot of after market cheap parts.....

but i just cant see me self with a ford..... Sad
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by sgt tunez Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:46 pm

I'll never own a Ford. I've been a Mopar guy for less than five years. Before that I had a Pontiac Grand Prix, '00 Mustang GT, and a Cobalt SS. I loved my Grand Cherokee but traded it in for a Charger which I thought in 2009 was pretty fast compared to other cars out that year. Now the SRT's have less HP than some of the Camaros and Mustangs. Love the agressive stance Chysler took on the SRTs but for that price, how about a few more ponies? I'll keep my Charger but if I buy anything brand new again it won't be a sports car. I'd get a Wrangler or Grand Cherokee. I'll always be loyal to Jeep!
sgt tunez
sgt tunez

https://www.facebook.com/timothycurranjr

Back to top Go down

Post by sgt tunez Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:48 pm

I know I said I'll never own a Ford and YES I did own one, but my ex wife got that in the divorce. I wasn't fond of it anyway and she wrapped it around a pole 2 days after the divorce anyway! So I'll never own another Ford lol
sgt tunez
sgt tunez

https://www.facebook.com/timothycurranjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Series 5 Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:40 pm

To me it's all relative, you look at any one of the big three and their top offerings are 55K , Cadillac CTSV, ZL1 Camaro, Jeep SRT8, Boss 302, GT500. Is there a horse power war going on, is it exciting? Sure but what use is 550 HP, 650 HP on the street, not much, you can't hook it or use all the power anyway so it comes down to what appeals to the individual. To me it's the whole package. Dodge and Chrysler have always had the appeal due to their diverse offerings from luxury high performance in the 300, raw appeal of the Challenger models, and the nastiness of the Jeep SRT8. Chevy and Ford don't come close to having such a selection. They're working on it but are still way behind. The horse power wars will end soon and the big V8s will go with it. It's going to be all 4 and 6 bangers in the future and they all will be building 2HP per cubic inch motors that get 35 MPG or better utilizing turbos and electronics to control them. Chevy just released their twin turbo 4 banger making almost 300 HP at 20lbs of boost. I'm with you Claude, the marketing sense of the automakers seems to be changing to encompass a wider group of buyers, it's all about sales. You can't blame them they are in the business of selling cars, aren't they? I am loyal to buying american manufactured cars. What would I buy in the future? Not sure, I'll just have to wait till I'm ready then see what's out there.
Series 5
Series 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down