2012 Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2012 Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals

Post by claude9039u on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:27 pm

You will find me in the Magnum area look for the blue unicorn.
claude9039u

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Series 5 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:43 pm

I know how life can get in the way of things we want to do and there is always those cases where something unforeseen can kill the best laid plans but as a club we all should try to do what we can to schedule as early as possible to attend this event. At this show in particular we are in the eyes of our peers and fans of the hobby who trek out to the middle of PA to see a bunch of cars. If you look at the map in the below attached show directory you'll see in the upper left of the map a list of clubs that had enough members signed up to attend this show that they qualified for a club tent, which is setup by Carlisle. I think the minimum is 20 club members. I think we have 6 members total showing a car at this show. I can only hope that as we grow this club we get a few more members committed to supporting the club, especially at this show.

I posted the below in another thread about Food for Carlisle. I'll copy it here for anyone who needs to know. Check out link below to the Show directory.

It's always difficult to get everyone in one place. It's up to the individual where you hang out during the majority of the show time. Friday there's not much going on so we hang more in the main club tent area, which is on the back side of the Charger section. We'll have three tents in this area. Saturday is judging day so most are attending to their cars most of the day with short visits to the main tents to eat and hang out for awhile. Sunday we all put are cars in the same area since judging is over and we do our thing there for the day. Carlisle has laid out the car sections just like last year so if you came last year you'll know where we are. I've attached the schedule for the event, which has everything including a map of the Carlisle fair grounds. When you look at the map we are at the end of the long blue sections between gate 5 and 6 but closer to gate No. 6. If anyone has any questions post and we'll try to get back to you right away.

Click Link to view and save PDF file: Arrow Arrow Arrow 2012 Chrysler Nationals Offical Event Directory

Additional Information at Carlisle's Event website: Arrow Arrow All Chrysler Nationals

Last edited by Series 5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total

Series 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by claude9039u on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:12 am

Bill you are right but the problem is that with any organization there has to be a leader at the minimum and a leadership board at the best. In the beginning there was leadership and the club grew and we had lots of things going on. We would get together once a month for an M&G with our families just to eat and we would go to car shows as a group. Since there has been no leadership we have been lucky to have survived! What does that survival mean! It means that there is a very good and strong core of Mopar guys within this club! But someone has to stand up and take charge! Without it we will be what we are, a group of guys with no leadership!

Chas had an event at his house in an attempt to get things going and it's sad that Chuck offered to buy all the food and drinks for Carlisle and asked only one thing, how many people are coming. Did someone like the Admin of the site sent out a newsletter from the site to all registered membership? By the way who is the site admin? He asked for direction as to where to set up etc and the only one to respond was Paul.

Before I get off of my soap box I will say one last thing. If you really want a club that is out there to be seen in the eyes of our peers and fans within PA. Then someone needs become the leader "president" of the club! Someone needs to take charge! Someone needs to plan out and send out Newsletters from the forum to all registered users of the site.
Off the soap box.

This email was not meant to offend anyone! I just offered my thoughts and was not meant as an attack on anyone in any manner. I do understand that life can get in the way of life!
claude9039u

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Series 5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks for the feed back Claude. No offense taken. You know as much as anyone what it takes to run a club. With this club we have tried pretty hard to get members more involved but like you said it takes leadership to keep it going. No one has enough free time to run this club properly. I don't know, maybe I'm expecting to much from our average member. I started this thread back in middle of Feb. in hopes to gain some interest from our members for this event. four and a half months later, fifty plus posts, almost 900 views and we still don't have any more people interested in this show then we started with back in Feb.. How much more effort is it going to take? A few more months lead time talking about the show? Maybe two or three hundred post will make a difference. I don't think leadership can change the way people are, if they don't want to make the effort, spend the time and or money to come to one or two important events a year then having a president of this club won't change much. You either want to jump in and participate and help or you choose to stand on the side lines. Most of our members are side-liners. Well at least we have our six to ten members that don't need a leader coaching them to partispate, the passion for the hobby drives them.

Series 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:40 pm

sgt tunez wrote:I won't make it again this year. I had back surgery on Wednesday and I'm still not walking. I won't be able to make the drive. Have fun though!
Come on marine suck it up no pain no gain u r missing the best show of the year.
Orangepeel815

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Series 5 wrote:Thanks for the feed back Claude. No offense taken. You know as much as anyone what it takes to run a club. With this club we have tried pretty hard to get members more involved but like you said it takes leadership to keep it going. No one has enough free time to run this club properly. I don't know, maybe I'm expecting to much from our average member. I started this thread back in middle of Feb. in hopes to gain some interest from our members for this event. four and a half months later, fifty plus posts, almost 900 views and we still don't have any more people interested in this show then we started with back in Feb.. How much more effort is it going to take? A few more months lead time talking about the show? Maybe two or three hundred post will make a difference. I don't think leadership can change the way people are, if they don't want to make the effort, spend the time and or money to come to one or two important events a year then having a president of this club won't change much. You either want to jump in and participate and help or you choose to stand on the side lines. Most of our members are side-liners. Well at least we have our six to ten members that don't need a leader coaching them to partispate, the passion for the hobby drives them.
AMEN COULD NOT HAD SAID IT ANY BETTER.
Orangepeel815

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moddog on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:59 am

I would like to be there but it's the wifes birthday and my lung are not up to this weather. So you all have a safe and good time, and drink lots of water.
moddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Serioussam on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:25 am

Food for thought! I'm heading up tomorrow morning. See Ya up there!!
Serioussam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 pm

everybody ready hottest day of the week will be on sat. I will have plenty of water and gatorade so dress cool.
Orangepeel815

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by claude9039u on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:20 pm

I am here you can find me eazy the first tent in the magnum line is NJ mopar.
claude9039u

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saus24 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Hope you guys have fun make sure you take some pics

saus24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by B5Blue Classic on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Nice meet all of you at the event
I hope to make more in the future

B5Blue Classic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moddog on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 pm

WE need picks for those us that could not make it.
moddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by claude9039u on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Here is a pic and video for you!
What a great weekend at Chryslers Nationals at Carlisle, PA!! While it was hot, 105 it turned out to be one great event! First of all on Saturday Mr. Ralph Gilles Senior Vice President – Product Designand President & CEO – SRT Brand & Motorsports surprised all of the Chryslercommunity by walking into the event with his family! Man he is such a cool guy and I got a picture with him.

Next I get approached by RedlineDodge the official Blog for Dodge and get interviewed!

http://www.livestream.com/dodge/video?clipId=pla_1104dde5-83c3-4731-b2a3-346e22a71e5d&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

And then on Sunday I win 1stplace in the Magnum Class!
claude9039u

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moddog on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:18 pm

That was cool Claude glad you got to do that.
moddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sgt tunez on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Congrats Claude, well deserved! Are you going to LX & Beyond Nats?
sgt tunez

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/timothycurranjr

Back to top Go down

Post by 2011Dodge on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Hey guys.. I am so new to this forum so I didn't really know how to meet up with any of you guys at Carlisle and I apologize for that. I took tons of pics and will post them when I have a chance.

Anyway.. I took 1st Place in Y428 (Avenger, Stratus, Sebring, Cirus, Breeze, 200 95-Current) with my 2011 Avenger!!!
2011Dodge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 2011Dodge on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Here is the winners list for anyone interested:

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/pdf/2012_Chrysler_Winners.pdf
2011Dodge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saus24 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 pm

They have a date for next years show, so I am start making my reservations.

saus24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Make sure you guys who where there fill out they survey I voiced my opinion about the voting not that it will do any good
Orangepeel815

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saus24 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:42 pm

The Dates are july 12-14 and All the hotels are already booked for next year

saus24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moddog on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:41 pm

The video that Claude post was nice, so the rest of you guys waiting for your SD cards to develop to post some picks. lol
moddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 2011Dodge on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 am

Here is a link to some of the picture that I took. I took a couple hundred pictures but this is just a sample of them:

http://www.avengerforumz.com/showthread.php?p=201007#post201007
2011Dodge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNAT1C on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:28 am

If I had known you guys were going to Carlisle this year I'd have seen if anyone wanted to drive my Road & Track to it! I took my Special there once again with the 300M Club. Had the car cleaned by 10am then hid under the tent all day Friday and Saturday. I took home 3rd place in the 300M class.

LUNAT1C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNAT1C on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:29 am

I even had a little PA Modern Mopar sign sitting on the windshield, over the expired/pealing inspection stickers! Embarassed

LUNAT1C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top