PA Modern Mopar Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi

5 posters

Go down

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Empty SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi

Post by Series 5 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:40 am

More talk about the end of the Challenger model. The latest coming from a very reliable source, Allpar. I was saying the motors will be smaller in the near future well it isn't stopping there, the cars will be smaller too! Hang on to what you have boys. The next thing you know they will be trying to take our big inefficient muscle cars away from us. Just let them tree hugging commie bastards reach out to take mine away, they will be pulling a bloody stump back if they try it!! Laughing

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Grey Challenger

Word is out that the Barracuda said to replace the Dodge Challenger.
The Barracuda will be the first SRT banded car to get Mopar’s new 6.2-liter Hemi engine.

The supercharged 6.2L Hemi is currently still under development, but is estimated to have 490- to 540-hp on tap. The motor will make its debut in the new Barracuda before moving on to other SRT models.

Insiders are also reporting that the new Barracuda won’t be as “true to the original” as the current Dodge Challenger was to its heritage. It is even believed that the Barracuda could be built on a shortened large-car platform, while other rumors say it will be built on the new Alfa Romeo D-size platform that is still being developed.

One way or another, you’re probably going to be looking at a smaller muscle car from the SRT family.

Source: Allpar
Series 5
Series 5

Back to top Go down

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Empty Re: SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi

Post by MoparJ Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:40 pm

I don't necessarily think its a bad thing. Our cars a waaaay too heavy and could use a diet. I also don't think downsizing from a 6.4 to 6.2 liter is anything to worry about, it's not exactly a big change. The mustangs are still using a 5.0 liter and have no problems making big power. People freak out about change, but I'm interested to see what comes...
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Empty Re: SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi

Post by Series 5 Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Sorry for this long reply but I need to get my point across.

Yes they are a little heavy and a lighter car could make them better. I'm not talking about lighter cars I'm talking about smaller and smaller, and even smaller cars. A Fiat 500 will be considered full size transportation. What's over the horizon is Gov. regulation. Do you want to be driving a buzz bomb ten years from now? I surely don't want to. Mark my words. The V8 is going to go away and all cars will be down sized starting in 2014 due to new fuel efficiency standards. And it's only going to get worse from there. Look across the pond, you see any production muscle cars being made for the masses? Yeah there will always be the exotic offerings but the average Joe will never get behind the wheel of one. What's left over there is 4 and 6 bangers, most with cookie cutter styling and a throw away price. That's where we will be in 8 to 10 years and in 20 years nothing but electric and a few remaining hybrids. The threat of having our muscle cars being taken away is not fiction. The tree huggers will lobby to be sure that happens and the car companies will buckle under because they don't want negative publicity being labeled as the bad boys for the environment. Of course they will tell you otherwise, that all is well in muscle car land because that's what they want you to buy right now, the high horse power muscle cars are where their biggest margins are today. Watch them change their tune as soon as the new standards kick in. In the future it may be illegal to drive these cars on the road if they get their way. This will be based on emissions maximums, which our cars will not be able to get past due to their hydrocarbon output. Am I freaking out a little? maybe, but we all better keep an eye out for what's going on in the industry because they will sneak up and take it from you without you even seeing them. Just wake-up muscle car people and smell the deception.

Last edited by Series 5 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Series 5
Series 5

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks Barry ! Dame, Bush may have f'd up a few things, but being an Oil Man from Texas He never f'd with the US Automaker's..LOL
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Series 5 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Your right, I'd take Bush back any day, he did seem fd up then but he was a good old boy compared to what we have pulling the strings today! Between Obama and that douchebag Al Gore we don't stand a chance of seeing muscle cars coming out of the factories in the foreseen future. Global warming my ass! It's all about the mighty dollar and lining the pockets of the ass wipes that are behind the biggest scam on the planet.
Series 5
Series 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:47 pm

You boyz got that f**kin right!!! This burns my f**kn blood! Exactly to your point Bill....commie bastards is rite! There's a reason the f**kin world loves AMERICA! Becasue we're f**ckin FREE!!!!

I see OUR AMERICAN MUSCLE cars in Dubai, the Middle East and even in my parents' native UKRAINE, which was under those RUSSIAN commie bastards for WAY TOO LONG!

So, this all BULL$HIT. The OIL thing and envrionment is a FARSE! Like I said before the ELECTRIC cars & their batteries and drainign the whole GRID is FAR MORE DANGEROUS!

GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CARS & GOD BLESS AMERICA!

PS: U Got me all fired up!
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by Series 5 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:48 pm

GD right, you should get fired up, their f**kn with our freedom. Sometimes I get so fired up I need to go ape sh*t on something!!!

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Going Ape Shit
Series 5
Series 5

Back to top Go down

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Empty More Barracuda News Released

Post by Series 5 Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:58 pm

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Srt-barracuda

SRT Barracuda Scenario #1: Less Likely
The SRT Barracuda, boasting a 6.2 liter supercharged Hemi which has been all but confirmed, will be on a shortened E-EVO or LX large car platform, sacrificing some space but making it easier to do battle with the smaller Camaro and Mustang. Its body code will be LA, putting it into the “L for Large” category.

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Phantomex-2014-barracuda

Meanwhile, a new D-segment, rear wheel drive Dodge Avenger, sharing considerably with a new Alfa Romeo to compete with the BMW 3-series, will show up and anchor the range downstream. This will give a natural size range: Dart, Avenger, Barracuda, Charger. (A front wheel drive full sized car based on the same E-EVO as the next-generation Charger is also expected to appear in either the Dodge or Chrysler stables, with more interior space than Charger).

SRT Barracuda scenario #2: More Likely
Or, it is possible that the Dodge Barracuda / SRT Barracuda will be the car identified as the Avenger in Scenario #1 — but still coded LA. This means that the Barracuda would be set up with the Alfa Romeo, which makes sense from a cost perspective: in either guise it would be expensive, and creating the new midsized car to be hot for both brands from the start would cut costs, since more components could be common, and there would be no need to design lighter-duty parts.

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi 60-minutes

What’s more, under this scenario — which we now think is most likely, despite the “LA” body code — Chrysler could continue to make the Challenger at Brampton, while making the Barracuda in Sterling Heights or Belvedere. Rumors have Belvedere temporarily closing at the start of 2013, and that might be to make it possible for the plant to produce the Alfa and Barracuda.
If the Alfa shared with a Dodge Avenger, while there would be much greater volume to offset the engineering costs, there would also be a greater need for time and money to specify a four cylinder and Pentastar V6 model, with smaller brakes, a lighter duty transmission, and such. On the other hand, there would be no need to create a huge engine bay.

Just to complicate matters, there are rumors of a new car showing up at the Lx assembly plant by the end of the year. That could not be an E-EVO car unless the timetables are very different from what is known; and unless the D-car is further along than expected as well, and didn’t require nearly as much effort as one would think, and fits on the line... most likely, though, the car is simply the new Alfa 169 (that might not be its final name), because it’s needed before Alfa Romeo can return to the US.

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Srt-cuda

Barracuda Scenario #3: Most Likely
Under this scenario, both Avenger and Barracuda are based on the new D-RWD chassis and are both built at Sterling Heights or Belvedere (the latter is suspiciously closing at just the right time), with Avenger having four doors and continuing at about the same size, and Barracuda being a smaller coupe version. That would allow good differentiation between Dodge and Chrysler midsized cars and strengthen Dodge’s muscle credentials.

Regardless, the car will be...
The Barracuda is widely believed to be an SRT brand car at this point, and some suspect a Mopar-branded variant might come out as well; so far there has been no word as to whether it would be sold as a Dodge or Chrysler, but Dodge is more likely. The hot car will be smaller and lighter than the current Challenger, and will boast a brand new engine: the supercharged 6.2 Hemi.
Styling is already in progress, with inside reports saying it is much more modern than the Challenger, with only a few “Barracuda cues.” Barracuda was expected around 2015-16 when it was based on E-EVO but if it's on D-RWD, we expect it in calendar year 2013.

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi Green-cuda-car

The original Plymouth Barracuda was not the muscle car many remember, with the same basic body as the Dodge Challenger; it was almost the antithesis of the Challenger and later Barracuda. Powered by a slant six or a 273 V8 (later getting an optional 340 or 383), the Barracuda was a Valiant with a fastback rear, at a time when the Valiant was relatively hot and sporty. Critics praised the Barracuda for its fine “European style” handling; several critics said the Formula S, when ordered with a small V8 (not the heavy 383), could beat comparable German cars on twists and turns. Not until 1970 did the Barracuda leave the light “A” body, and then it was largely to stuff the big 440 and 426 Hemi engines under the hood. Ironically, the Plymouth Duster, created using the same formula as the original 1964 Barracuda, was a major sales success — despite only having room for the 340 under the hood.

SRT Barracuda to Sport Supercharged Hemi 1964%20Barracuda
Series 5
Series 5

Back to top Go down

Post by ptmike Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:34 pm

[b] Why even call it a Barracuda? the plymouth name is dead! Im am stumped on that decision having owned 4 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNERS! It would be like bringing back a car called a DODGE ROADRUNNER-----na,,,,, but what do we know...... just my thoughts,,,, MIKE What a Face
ptmike
ptmike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down