PA Modern Mopar Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

race helmet

3 posters

Go down

race helmet Empty race helmet

Post by 345PAHemi Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:53 pm

John & co, i was looking into getting a race helmet for the track. i saw that e-town has helmets on the e-store which were quite reasonable....i know nhra changed the rules for 2011 regarding the safety requirements....per e-town site they still have the 2010 ruels which state you need, "Snell K98 or 2000 or newer OR SFI 41.1A helmet". was the change drastic in 2011?

Also I went on Summit racing & Jegs and they have some expensive gear, any recommendations?
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

race helmet Empty Re: race helmet

Post by sinistr Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:54 pm

The change wasn't drastic for the level of safety equipment that we use. The faster you go,the more stringent the requirements. Which is a good thing because if the equipment ever gets put to use,you want it to protect you/save you. I have the G Force Eliminator helmet and I'm happy with it. When ordering the helmet make sure you follow the directions for measuring your head before placing the order. Do not guess,it should fit snug without being able to turn your head inside the helmet. Also remember motorcycle helmets will not pass tech if you will be going faster than 14.00.
sinistr
sinistr

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:54 pm

I been looking at helmets too. I have been trying to decide between to G force helmets one is open face helmet or a full cover helmet .
Orangepeel815
Orangepeel815

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:33 pm

sinistr wrote:The change wasn't drastic for the level of safety equipment that we use. The faster you go,the more stringent the requirements. Which is a good thing because if the equipment ever gets put to use,you want it to protect you/save you. I have the G Force Eliminator helmet and I'm happy with it. When ordering the helmet make sure you follow the directions for measuring your head before placing the order. Do not guess,it should fit snug without being able to turn your head inside the helmet. Also remember motorcycle helmets will not pass tech if you will be going faster than 14.00.

thx. i was researching the hjc cl-16 helmet (which is available thru e-town's e-store) and it states its SNELL 2010 compliant and applicable for both auto & motorcycle racing... would this pass tech? these helmets seem decent with reasonably lw price...$115 - $125.
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistr Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Orangepeel815 wrote:I been looking at helmets too. I have been trying to decide between to G force helmets one is open face helmet or a full cover helmet .
The one I have is full face, so I can stay as pretty as I am.
sinistr
sinistr

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistr Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:36 pm

345PAHemi wrote:
sinistr wrote:The change wasn't drastic for the level of safety equipment that we use. The faster you go,the more stringent the requirements. Which is a good thing because if the equipment ever gets put to use,you want it to protect you/save you. I have the G Force Eliminator helmet and I'm happy with it. When ordering the helmet make sure you follow the directions for measuring your head before placing the order. Do not guess,it should fit snug without being able to turn your head inside the helmet. Also remember motorcycle helmets will not pass tech if you will be going faster than 14.00.

thx. i was researching the hjc cl-16 helmet (which is available thru e-town's e-store) and it states its SNELL 2010 compliant and applicable for both auto & motorcycle racing... would this pass tech? these helmets seem decent with reasonably lw price...$115 - $125.
Double check with etown,maple grove, and atco just to make sure that they all accept it.
sinistr
sinistr

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:41 pm

sinistr wrote:
Orangepeel815 wrote:I been looking at helmets too. I have been trying to decide between to G force helmets one is open face helmet or a full cover helmet .
The one I have is full face, so I can stay as pretty as I am.
you help me make my up my mind I think I will go full face I have to stay pretty.
Orangepeel815
Orangepeel815

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:50 pm

sinistr wrote:
345PAHemi wrote:

Double check with etown,maple grove, and atco just to make sure that they all accept it.

called etown & the grove, couldnt get a hold of atco, but the other two accept the HJC which is SNELL 2010 compliant. Ordered the helmet from e-town's estore for $112.....with full faceshield

http://www.racewayparkstore.com/hjcclcyredhe.html

Chuck, if you want to look into above is the website....$'s is tight so I was looking for the best bang for buck and so far this was best deal I saw for a SNELL 2010 compliant helmet.....just a suggestion
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:48 pm

I decided to go with the g-force eliminator M2005 closed faced helmet from safe racer
Orangepeel815
Orangepeel815

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:17 am

Orangepeel815 wrote:I decided to go with the g-force eliminator M2005 closed faced helmet from safe racer

cool....good choice
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum