PA Modern Mopar Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Uncle ! (need's your prayer's)

+8
345PAHemi
AgentSmith68
Series 5
Orangepeel815
claude9039u
pbuli
moddog
RTCHAS
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Uncle ! (need's your prayer's) Empty New Uncle ! (need's your prayer's)

Post by RTCHAS Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:20 pm

I don't usually do this kind of thing and I feel weird writing this but I know a lot of you guys and think of you as good friends so im going to share this. I am a new uncle my youngest bro and his wife gave birth to a 5.9lbs little Boy on Monday morning and his name is Grant!
Grant is very special in that he was born with 1 Lung. It's a very rare condition and very few children in the world have it and are still living. When Grant was barely 1 day old he was rushed into surgery for a hole in his Tricia and his esophagus needed repair. He is a fighter and pulled thru ! Today I went to see him in CHOP's NIC unit with my Wife. It really hit me hard seeing this little guy with more tube's in him then I've ever seen . He was on morphine and every kind of drip ,monitor and alarm they had with 3 nurse's watching over him by his side.He has help from a machine to breath and can't even cry because of all the tube's in his mouth! I was suited up and allowed in to touch his tiny little hand and even got him awake and looking at me! It was so Awesome to have him watching us but you feel so helpless looking at him. It really put's you in your place when your bitching about life's small problems! I'm not the most religious person I go to church a few times a year, But guys if you could Please Keep little Grant in your thought's and prayers he's got a tough road ahead of him and He needs your thought's and Prayer's tonight! This is one Tuff little Dude!
Thanks, Chas
New Uncle ! (need's your prayer's) IMG957275
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

New Uncle ! (need's your prayer's) Empty Re: New Uncle ! (need's your prayer's)

Post by moddog Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:05 am

Chas our payers are with the little man God bless him.
moddog
moddog

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks Charlie
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by pbuli Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:27 pm

God Bless. Prayers going out to him.

pbuli

Back to top Go down

Post by claude9039u Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Done my friend!!!
claude9039u
claude9039u

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 pm

My prayers r with him

Orangepeel815
Orangepeel815

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:06 am

Thanks! I went to see Grant again today he is doing better they are working to get him off the ventilator and breathing on his own.
If any of you want to join this blog it is for updates on him by my brother and his wife you can leave a message or donation to CHOP.
http://www.carepages.com/carepages/GrantsBeginning
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Series 5 Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Chas, I'm glad to see Grant is making progress and is getting better every day. It seems he has a strong soul and will do fine as time progresses. Lisa and I will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us informed how Grant is doing. I posted in Grants carepage.
Series 5
Series 5

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:08 am

Thanks Bill and everyone for the text message's and Post of Prayer's. We can see already Grant is A TUFF little Boy! Today he thru a left hook and ripped out his breathing tube!! The nurse's where scrambling to get it back in it was right after his Mom and Dad had left to go eat . It was if he was telling them...HEY! I want attention!! LOL
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by AgentSmith68 Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 am

glad to hear he's doing better Chas, ill keep him in my thoughts

AgentSmith68

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Well like over a week and Grant is doing well he is still on the ventillator but it's a slow process to ween him off of it. We are still praying for him everyday! Thanks to Bill for logging into Carepages and the kind word's! It was great to see.
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Series 5 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:13 am

RTCHAS wrote:Well like over a week and Grant is doing well he is still on the ventillator but it's a slow process to ween him off of it. We are still praying for him everyday! Thanks to Bill for logging into Carepages and the kind word's! It was great to see.
Glad to see Grant is progressing, we keep him in our thoughts every day. Keep us informed Chas on how he is doing.
Series 5
Series 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:18 pm

I made it to church today and will be saying some more prayers for lil Grant. He's in our thoughts and prayers. You are right about putting things in perspective and not bithcin about the little things, i got two little guys at home who are healthy so Im thankful for that....God Bless you guys!
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:03 am

Thanks Marko keep them coming because with all the good news we've had you kind of just knew the bad news was coming..Grant is having a tuff time with the tube down his throat as would anyone..They are starting to talk about Tracaica (sp) in his throat to get the tube out of his mouth not a good thing we are scared to hear this and gota know this is long term for the little guy so Please Keep them Coming Guy's Thank You Chas
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 pm

New Angel got his wing's yesterday we lost Grant Michael Hoffner. Rest now little Man we Love you very much. Grant Michael Hoffner Born March 12 2012 Given to God June 23 2012
New Uncle ! (need's your prayer's) 48655_Grant15_display
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Very sorry Chas I know u will miss him My thoughts and prayers r with and your family once again I am sorry
Orangepeel815
Orangepeel815

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Thank's Chuck
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:32 pm

This is the Final post from my Brother Gerry on Grant's Blog yesterday...So sad yet so Beautifully Written.

By no means were those our final words on Grant. We just couldn't stand the thought of everyone hoping for him to pull through after he was gone.

Let me tell you about Grant...

Grant wasn't a fighter...I've been a fighter my whole life and I know he was far beyond that; Grant was a force of nature. We know we've romanticized his struggle over the past 103 days to a point that bordered on illogical...but if you met him, if you knew him, you would understand. Grant made everyday count. Grant taught me so much in such a short amount of time, he made me a better friend to everyone I knew. And he certainly made me a better father to my three beautiful daughters. A parent is supposed to teach their child, but Grant knew better.

Grant was known as a flirt by a number of nurses at the West Wing of the NICU. He would make eyes and smile at his nurses in an effort to get them to hold him, it was so funny to watch, I couldn't believe that this sick little boy with all his troubles could have the peace of mind to figure out how to influence others, it was astounding to watch, it's one of my fondest memories of him. He would only cry until they got close enough that he could see them, then he would gaze at them and smile and get increasingly excited as they reached in to get him.

I worried constantly that he wasn't going to fit in as he was growing up because I assumed he wouldn't be very athletic. After a few weeks it hit me that he could likely play golf and so I set out to get as good as I could, I purchased a net for the back yard and practiced my swing at least once a week. I ended last year with a 29 handicap and year to date I'm a 16, I feel like such a fool for wasting my efforts not realizing his health and future were in such a fragile spot. Grant, I may have been ahead of myself, but my intentions were pure, you and I will continue to enjoy the game together for as long as I can play. I may always be a mediocre golfer, but it will always be a way for me to remember you, and the wonderful future I aspired to create for you. I hope I can convince your mom and sisters to play too.

Thinking back on Grant's short hard life, I'm so proud of him, I'm so happy for him, I can only imagine he's resting peacefully somewhere, catching his breath and smiling at the fact that he never gave in. I've had a few amazing moments in my life, where I beat the odds and pulled it off in the final moments...but they were obviously the exception, far more times I committed with the same passion and failed, and I'll get back up until I can't anymore, and Grant did the same.

My best memory with Grant was a little over a week ago when I missed a sunrise flight to pittsburgh because the TSA was performing their normal failed efficiency at screening travelers. I couldn't get through in time to make my flight and my travel agent couldn't re-book me until a flight that was after my meeting would have started. I called Jessica to vent and she said it probably happened for a reason (I think she just wanted me off the phone so she could go back to sleep Smile ). But I made the best of it and went and spent several hours with Grant before heading to the office...he was the strongest I ever saw him in his whole life, it was so early that all the other babies were sleeping and the nurses were only performing essential duties and it was as if it was just he and I snuggling in the rocking chair. He was so alert and content with this little smile on his face, he laid on my chest in perfect position to listen to my hear beat, I sat and wished to God that I could trade places with him, and fight his fight for him. In Hindsight I know that it was his battle to fight alone, I have three beautiful ladies that need me.

The only regret, or even sadness that I have is that I looked too far out into his future. Don't get me wrong, it isn't trivial, it's overwhelmed me with tears countless times over the past 48 hours, but I had read every article and website I could find on his different diagnoses and listen to each of his doctors and I thought with every confidence that he was going to make it. he was disadvantaged but he still seemed to have all the essential parts to thrive. No one knew until these last few days that his TEF repair site had healed with a stenosis that created a 3mm opening that he had to depend on to get O2 in and CO2 out. if I had known I was only going to get 103 days with that blessed little boy I wouldn't have made the decisions I did, I would have spent every moment squeezing his cheeks or appreciating his smile, but life is cruel and we rarely get to make decisions with complete information. Don't worry Grant, you know me too well to think I'll dwell on my mistakes for too long, like you I'll play the hand I was dealt, I'll take that lesson and appreciate your sisters more, and make them an even higher priority than they already were. I will forever love you by being the best father I can be for them, you have no idea of the lasting effect for change you were for me. This I swear.

We had a favorite song we would listen too all the time in the car when driving to see grant and after we left him...I thought it would be great to share with you all. It's called a song for my Son by Bob Wallis, i hope the link below works...

http://www.broadjam.com/artists/songs.php?artistID=10655&mediaID=61529

Please send these care pages to as many people as you can, it would make us so happy to know Grant is remembered by as many people as possible, that others will seize the day because you'll never know how many you've been dealt...that as much good as possible will come from his struggle.

With Undying Love,

Gerry, Jessica, Tori, Talia, Brooke & Grant.

New Uncle ! (need's your prayer's) 95569_Grant_Phillies_display
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Serioussam Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Sorry for your'e family's loss.
Scott & Maria
Serioussam
Serioussam

Back to top Go down

Post by moddog Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:33 pm

We our so sorry to hear this our prayer's and condolences to your family.
moddog
moddog

Back to top Go down

Post by AgentSmith68 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:05 pm

So sorry to hear about this Chas, keeping you & your family in my prayers

AgentSmith68

Back to top Go down

Post by pbuli Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Sorry for this very sad news. My prayers are with you and your family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help during this very sad time.

pbuli

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what your family is going through. Please know that my wife and I will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sgt tunez Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:03 pm

So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
sgt tunez
sgt tunez

https://www.facebook.com/timothycurranjr

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:56 am

Thank You Guy's it's been a tuff week we will say Good Bye to Grant tomorrow night and lay him to rest Friday. If anyone would like to leave a message in Grant's Guestbook please do, and Donation's to CHOP can be sent in His name here.

Donations in Grant’s name can be sent to The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Foundation, Lockbox #1352, PO Box 8500, Philadelphia, PA 19178-1352. They have the information on Grant and will divide all contributions between the SDU and NICU.

Link for Guestbook here: http://www.ciavarellifuneralhomes.com/_mgxroot/page_10780.php?task=Current&listing=All

Please leave a message of support if you can and Thank's Again for the kind word's.
Chas
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum