PA Modern Mopar Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally

2 posters

Go down

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally Empty Brembo and Getrag install... Finally

Post by MoparJ Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 pm

So I finally started the install for my Brembo swap, 3.73 Getrag, and I'd like to install the Edelbrock resonators I have laying around onto my existing Flowmaster catback (the drone is annoying and I HATE the flowmaster rolled exhaust tips!). I've also go some stainless steel brake lines that I'll throw in there while I've got things apart. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the weekend. I was able to borrow a vehicle from work so I can take my time and work on the Magnum a few hours here and there. I've only gotten the rear calipers, rotors, axle nuts, and 1 knuckle mostly removed, but hoping to get some more done tonight. I only have about an hour free each weekday, so I'm trying to make the most of it! I'm thinking this should go pretty smoothly and replacing the diff/axles should be pretty easy since I have to remove the knuckles for the Brembo swap. Removing the knuckles should make it very easy to remove/replace the diff/axles.

I painted the rotor hats with black caliper paint and gave the brembo calipers a few fresh coats of red caliper paint as well. I installed new lower ball joints on the SRT spindles and had to replace the trailing arm bushings on the rear SRT knuckles with a pair of pedders bushings (both of these were damaged when removed from donor car).

I'll get some pics of my progress later tonight and post them up throughout the swap.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally Empty Re: Brembo and Getrag install... Finally

Post by MoparJ Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Here a few pics. Got both rear knuckles, hubs, and axles out tonight...

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally Photo1

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally Photo2

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally Photo3

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally Photo4

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally Photo5
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally Empty Re: Brembo and Getrag install... Finally

Post by MoparJ Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 pm

During this tear down, I figured out why my driver side wheel was rubbing the fender lip, but not on the passenger side. I originally thought the rear cradle was shifted out of place, but found that the offset camber bushings that I had installed by a local shop to correct the alignment after lowering were not installed in the correct place on the driver's side.

The passenger side appears to have been installed with about .75* of adjustment, while the driver's side is installed in the full 1.5* position which is kicking the top of the wheel/tire too far out and causing more clearance issues on that side. I ordered up a new set of bushings and will try to remove/install myself while I have everything apart.

Hoping to work on it again tomorrow and Sunday if necessary. I'll post up further progress when I can.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Looks good what paint did you use on caliper's?
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:52 am

Nothing special, just DupliColor rattle can stuff. Same is on the rotor hats.

So I didn't get as much time to work on the car as I wanted yesterday, but I did get the old diff out and bolted up the Getrag. I was having trouble getting the rear section of the driveshaft back in to the front half. The splines would line up, but I couldn't get it to slide back in. Not sure if it was just the angle or what, but I'm hoping I don't have to waste much more time on it. Hoping to get back out there early in the afternoon and wrap everything up today.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Finally got everything installed tonight!

Work has been crazy and it took me longer than I wanted, but oh well. I just have to bleed the brakes and change the gearing for my tune. I would have bled the Brakes tonight, but I cant find my bleeding kit/bottle anywhere Mad

If all goes well, I'll have it wrapped up tomorrow and can finally take it for a drive. Ill post up a couple more pics soon.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Bled the brakes last night and finally got her back on the road! I will probably bleed them again after a few days/week just to make sure I got all the air out.

I can definitely tell I've got 3.73's in the rear, 'cause boy did my highway RPMs change Shocked There's about an 18mph difference when cruising at 2000rpm. With the stock 2.82's, at 2000rpm I was doing about 68-70mph. With the 3.73's, I'm doing about 50mph! LoL. So for it has actually kept my cruising to a respectable 65mph so I don't blow through gas. The good thing is that the annoying drone of the Flowmasters hits at 50mph now, and I don't cruise at that speed much.

Here are a few pics of the calipers/rotors mounted up without wheels. I'll get pics with the wheels mounted up soon...

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally FrontBrembosMounted1

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally RearBrembosMounted1
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Quick photo at lunch...

Brembo and Getrag install... Finally IMG_1555
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down