PA Modern Mopar Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SLP under drive pulley

5 posters

Go down

SLP under drive pulley Empty SLP under drive pulley

Post by sgt tunez Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:34 am

So I went on the SLP site and the Speedlogix site looking for this pulley. I was told it owould be beneficial. I found out that the SLP pulley doesn't fit my year because of the "Eagle" 5.7L. So, two questions:

What's the difference between the Eagle intake and the one on other Hemi engines? Is the 09 5.7 the only one with the Eagle?

And

Is there another pulley that would fit?

Trying to learn me a few things now that I'm done messing around with "show" mods.
sgt tunez
sgt tunez

https://www.facebook.com/timothycurranjr

Back to top Go down

SLP under drive pulley Empty Re: SLP under drive pulley

Post by MoparJ Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:36 pm

'09 up have "eagle" heads, hence the "eagle" intake. It flows a little better higher up in the RPM range and is designed to fit the '09 up "eagle" heads.

I have the "eagle" intake on my car but had to buy adapters since mine is an '06 with the older style heads.

I'm guessing the SLP pulley isn't compatible with '09up models because of VCT/VVT (Variable Cam Timing/Variable Valve Timing).
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sgt tunez Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:43 pm

So if mine has the eagle heads, it also has the eagle intake? Should I look into a different pulley or is a pulley even needed?
sgt tunez
sgt tunez

Back to top Go down

Post by moddog Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:47 pm

[quote="sgt tunez"]So I went on the SLP site and the Speedlogix site looking for this pulley. I was told it owould be beneficial. I found out that the SLP pulley doesn't fit my year because of the "Eagle" 5.7L. So, two questions:

What's the difference between the Eagle intake and the one on other Hemi engines? Is the 09 5.7 the only one with the Eagle?

And

Is there another pulley that would fit?

Trying to learn me a few things now that I'm done messing around with "show" mods. [/
You should give HHP a call they would know.
moddog
moddog

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:23 am

sgt tunez wrote:So if mine has the eagle heads, it also has the eagle intake? Should I look into a different pulley or is a pulley even needed?

Yes, you have eagle heads and intake. And about 25-30hp more from the factory than us older guys :-)

I dont think there is a pulley out there for you and it probably wouldnt yield much of a gain anyway. I wouldn't worry about it and would look at other mods
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sgt tunez Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 am

Ok cool just wanted to be sure. Any suggestions on another mod!
sgt tunez
sgt tunez

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm

1. Predator (if you don't already have one)
2. Shorty headers (JBA)
3. Cam
4. Intake Manifold
5. Heads

Or just get a supercharger or stroker or both and be done with it!

I would suggest holding off on headers if you plan to get a performance cam in the future. Just easier to do them at once. Otherwise, there aren't a lot of small things left to do. I wouldn't bother with an intake manifold unless you're getting heads and a cam. Really just depends on what you want out of your car. You're kinda at the fork in the road and need to decide how far you want to go with performance. This way you can plan things out and avoid wasting money and/or doing things twice.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sgt tunez Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:18 pm

I want to go with all of the above actually! Not sure what cam I want. Does changing the intake manifold make a difference? Isn't the eagle intake good enough?

Another question: I bought a used predator that seems to still be married to another car. Anyway to clear it? The person I bought it from already sold the car.
sgt tunez
sgt tunez

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Eagle intake should be good enough until you're looking for really serious power and/or port match the intake to the ported heads.

Only way to unmarry the predator is to have access to the original car, or send it to DiabloSport and have it cleared for $129. You can also get a core credit if you want to get a new predator or upgrade to the trinity. See this link for help...

https://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=108
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:32 pm

I agree with J. Your 2009 eagle heads and intake breathe / perform better than our 2006 lx's. You have pretty much all the bolt ons and upgraded the suspension, so next would be cam and/or heads.....and dont forget about the rear.

Depending on what your intentions are, either beefed up performance just to have, or mods for show, or for drag racing, it'll matter which way to go.

For me, I got hooked with racing the car. So, I went with the limited slip rear, first, and drag radials to hook. With money being a bit tight, I got Josh to update tune, but to gain on 1/4 mile, I'll probably need to look into a torque converter next, then probably cam with UD pulley.....to get me into the 12's....

But, dropping in a crate 392, 426, or 440 is always on the wish list Very Happy

345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by CrownMagnum Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Anyone done any Mods or work on their cars lately????
Here's mine
Tires,
Strut bar installed
Carbon fiber vinyled all four Hydraulic lifts and those pieces of plastic near the hood lock
detailing engine
and i have been working with a company called rebadge, they make custom badges for cars, we finally nailed down a modded version of the dodge brothers 1934 emblem it will be used on the rear tailgate to cover up the missing rear glass wiper hole. pics will be posted asap
CrownMagnum
CrownMagnum

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pammg/

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:31 pm

i picked up a strut bar and changed the front grille... did the 3.06 rear swap at a member's house (with a lot of help from guys here) but since funds a little tight (got two boys 5 & 3) havent done anything else to extravagant. looking next for heads/cam and torque converter in future.

haven't been to track this year yet due to weather & family events on other days but got get there at least once this year... may be in Sept or Nov for one of the e-town event
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by CrownMagnum Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:55 pm

What type of grill did you go with? got pics?
CrownMagnum
CrownMagnum

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pammg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down