PA Modern Mopar Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What tune are you using?

+4
sinistr
Orangepeel815
RTCHAS
Sublime1304
8 posters

Go down

What tune are you using? Empty What tune are you using?

Post by Sublime1304 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Like the title says, what kind of tune are you using? A custom tune or pre-installed?

Im only running a 91 octane CAI tune from my predator and using 89 octane right now. I havent experienced and knocking or anything, just straight awesome power! Turned off MDS and firmed up the shifting and thats about all ive modified
Sublime1304
Sublime1304

https://www.facebook.com/mike0821

Back to top Go down

What tune are you using? Empty Re: What tune are you using?

Post by RTCHAS Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 pm

CMR Tune by Josh @ HHP the ONLY way to roll and I love it!
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sublime1304 Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Im curious, what is involved with getting a custom tune made and how much do they usually cost?
Sublime1304
Sublime1304

https://www.facebook.com/mike0821

Back to top Go down

Post by RTCHAS Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Sublime1304 wrote:Im curious, what is involved with getting a custom tune made and how much do they usually cost?
I went to HHP and got the Tune from Josh after he drove the car 2 times and tweaked it.
RTCHAS
RTCHAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangepeel815 Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:40 pm

i HAVE THE CMR TUNE IT MY CAR IS SO MUCH BETTER YOU WILL NEED A PREDATOR CALL JOSH AT HHP IF YOU GO TO THE HHP WEBSITE THAT WILL TELL THE TUNES AND HOW MUCH.
Orangepeel815
Orangepeel815

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistr Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:36 pm

93CAI, MDS off, EGR delete, added fuel in each range, o2's ON, adjusted the fan settings cooler in each range.
sinistr
sinistr

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:19 pm

i have the level 2 (stage 2) CMR tune by Josh at HHP. like Chas & Chuck said it is the way to go....go on HHP's website HHPRacing.com ...depends on mods, you could go for stage 1 or stage 2...price range is approx $125 to $275, but tell em u runnign with the PA Modern Mopar group he may cut u a deal. I actually have to get mine reinstalled. i think when i got the emmissions done i they may have erased it....but with my mods the level 2 was a ways above the stock tune...
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by 345PAHemi Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:21 pm

btw the cmr tunes stage 1 and 2 by hhp both run on 93 octane
345PAHemi
345PAHemi

Back to top Go down

Post by mondo Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Ive had a few different dyno tunes....but Johan the "Toona" from diablosport has got me good results with all the dataloging I did on the street and at the track.....
mondo
mondo

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Johan toon. Planning on getting it update when I get the heads, intake, and injectors installed soon.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by claude9039u Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Johan does do a very good tune. But thats what it is a very good tune nothing more. Johan has to be worried about 2 things. First that no tune he makes effects his rep! And second nothing can go wrong with the tune as the 1st place the person wrong is going to go to is Dilblo! Because of that his tunes are very and I mean very mild! But more inportantly what you can and will never be able to see in a data run is the A/E. Your only gogin to see that in a DYNO run. I have been luckly to be able to look at his tune side by side with someones like HHP's and have seen first hand what if anything is different Johan is very conservitive! If you are paying like $50 bucks to Johan then my all means get the tune! If you are running just bolt ons get johan's. I have run his tunes and love them. But IMO a DYNO tune is the best way to go if you are doing anything serious to your car!
claude9039u
claude9039u

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:49 pm

I planned on going to Josh for the tune after I install the heads and intake. His tune on my 300 the day I went with you Claude was great! Any way you can put in a good word for me as I'm on a tight budget? I'll probably need a safe email tune to get the car down there after the install and then have him go nuts while he has the car and get it on the dyno.

I will say the tune I have from Johan now is good, but not great. But for only a $100 donation, I'm not complaining.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by claude9039u Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey man no problem but these days Josh is into only doing Dyno tunes he is tring to put himself on the list of the top 2 tuners out. Lots of people dont know or understand that its really hard to tune these cars! It not like the Chevy or ford tuning programs out there. The LX tuning programs are very limited! You just cant tune all areas of the programing that the Dodge boys can. Because of that its really hard to tune our cars! Anyone can say whatever but if you have ever seem Josh tune a car for a street tune (no dyno) it can take 4 to 6 hours with just bolt on's add on's. I can tell you I have see him do a supercharger car with all his parts take 4 to 6 hours on a dyno tune! So in the end you have to do what is right for you. But I will say that with the parts you are using ( not HHP parts) that the tune is going to take longer! And he will have to do a Dyno tune for you which since they are not his parts will take longer! But when you are ready I will talk to him. My advise is to use his parts have hime do the install which will cover a dyno tune. And in the end you will be happy. Or the parts youa relooking at you ca get 360 to 400 HP for you car. Basically it will run liek the 300 you had!
claude9039u
claude9039u

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:24 pm

I've already got the heads sitting on my workbench, and installed the cam myself already. I can't afford to pay labor so the work will get done in my garage for free! I guess I'll give Josh a call next week and see what he suggests for a tune and go from there. Maybe I can get the wife to let me spend the money on a solid dyno tune for an early birthday present after the install.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by claude9039u Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 pm

that would be the best and smartest move,
claude9039u
claude9039u

Back to top Go down

Post by mondo Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Or.....maybe go with Johan since im sure he will give you a start up tune since you already payed him, datalog as much as he needs to get it dialed in , then go to HHP get a dyno tune and see what the difference is?......just a thought......
mondo
mondo

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:39 pm

That's what I was thinking. Get a good tune from Johan and look into the dyno tune when I have the money.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by claude9039u Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:31 am

I understand but be clear that withour the A/E which can't be done with a data run you are putting your block at risk! Johan can give you a good tune but I would still not hit WOT in anyway untill a dyno tune.
claude9039u
claude9039u

Back to top Go down

Post by mondo Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:04 pm

I had my install done in upstate NY, a 7 hr drive, and drove home no problem and it was on a startup tune from johan and that was with the 100mm TB that everyone said was hard to tune for! No limp mode what so ever on the 7 HR ride home.
Of course your not going to go WOT till you do the datalogging!

I suppose that when you typed a/e you meant a/f?
mondo
mondo

Back to top Go down

Post by claude9039u Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:43 pm

You are correct! A/F not A/E fat fingers as for Johan, as I said I have used his tunes myself and they are great! But without a A/F guage I would not trust a tune at WOT because the car is going to knock if A/F is not correct. As you know you want it to be as straight as a line as possable to max out the tune for your car. Now Johan has been doing tunes for a very very long time and has a data base of tunes with every modification configuration possable! And as I said you will get a very, very good tune from him. But IMO if you do not have a way of reading the a/f then a dyno tune is the smartest way to go to make sure that you have the best tune for your car that you can. While Johan's tunes are very good you have to remember that johan has to be concerned about maxing out his tune do to his rep and the company that he works for. I could explain lot more if you would like just email me at my screen name at gmail dot com.
claude9039u
claude9039u

Back to top Go down

Post by MoparJ Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Totally understand Claude, and that makes perfect sense.

There is a A/F gauge when datalogging with the predator software on a laptop, but I'm not sure if it is completely accurate. There is also a knock sensor that can be logged. Both of these are required in the datalogging that Johan uses to adjust the tune. I've gone WOT almost everyday since getting a refined tune from Johan and the car runs great for such a big cam and only having stock heads/intake.

However, I do think that Josh can get me a better tune based on the level II tune he gave my 300. Even with just bolt-ons, there was a HUGE difference in the car after getting the tune from Josh. I still plan on contacting him to see what kind of costs I'd be looking at for a dyno tune. I'd like to see what the car can put down after the heads/cam/intake anyway.
MoparJ
MoparJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down